Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Selah's ONE!!

My Beautiful Baby Girl is ONE! Well, technically she's just over 13 months because I've been a slacker at my blogging. "Slacker" at blogging, but NOT in my busy, ever bustling little life...

Selah had a happy, yet odd birthday. I am realizing what everyone who has a birthday around Christmas knows. The Christmas birthday kids get jipped. I guess they don't always have to, and we'll try our best to not mix birthday and Christmas, but it's gonna be different than the others.

Grandma Connie and Grandpa Les headed out to South Dakota for Christmas (and Selah's First Birthday), so we celebrated before they left.... Selah's first party. She got a cookie cake, had no clue how to blow it out, and knowing her love for music, probably enjoyed hearing everyone sing "happy birthday" to her.



Grandma Betty and Grandpa Harold came over on her actual birthday (the day after Christmas) and we sang once again. I think we improvised with the cake. I think we stuck a candle in a decorated Christmas sugar cookie and she enjoyed it just the same.

My fun little girl had a fun little day and we enjoyed watching her. Next year, we'll get this whole Christmas/ birthday thing figured out....

No comments:

Post a Comment