Saturday, March 22, 2014

Caleb's shaving lesson


It's pretty awesome to watch my kids grow and mature.  I am really enjoying it, ahem, *most* of the time.  I have been gently teasing Caleb about the random whiskers on his face and warning him that he's "going to have to start shaving pretty soon..."  Well, it's time, so Paul had the privilege of giving his first shaving lesson.

I guess it looks like Caleb is shaving without all the foamy stuff, but his face is actually slicked up with  our homemade shaving-soap-in-a-mug.  He put it on the old fashioned way with a shaving brush like this...  

Caleb zipped through his lesson with dad giving pointers about how to steer the razor around the curves (and mom taking pictures, of course).  
Here you have them, my clean shaven guys!

For each of my kids, growing up and working through the steps to adulthood is something that they are looking forward to. Learning to shave is one more of the "growing up" boxes that they get to check off. And needless to say, Paul's first shaving lesson went off without a hitch (or, shall we say... without a nick).

No comments:

Post a Comment