Saturday, May 23, 2009

Potty time??


Alright, I am not officially potty training my 8-month-old, but he did actually go "number 2" as he was sitting on his potty seat! While I was still pregnant, I pondered the idea of potty-training him from birth. I had read about other women that did it, and we all know those Indian women with the papoose didn't carry around a diaper bag, so I thought I'd give it a whirl. Well...that was before he was born. Afterward, it was a different story. I really didn't care as much, and my lovely sister-in-law gave me the scoop on how to get some diaper deals :) But we have still encouraged him since he was born to go to the bathroom "on command" by repeating "Go potty Nathan, go potty" whenever we noticed that he was filling his diaper. On occasion, I would say the same thing if I knew that he probably needed to "go" and every once-in-a-while, I could tell by his expression and lack of breathing that he was actually trying to do what I said. Lately, he's been getting a bit of a diaper rash, so for a few hours yesterday, I let him crawl around and sit in his high chair in his bare bottem. Right after he had some blueberries for lunch, I could tell that he needed to go to the bathroom, so I grabbed him out of the high chair and was going to strap a diaper on him... but then I realized it would be just as simple to take him into the bathroom and less of a mess for me. Well, he sat there a few minutes and after snapping a couple pictures and telling him to "go potty", I noticed that he actually went!! Yeah for Nathan!!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I'm impressed! I can't even get my 2 year old to go on the potty :)

    ReplyDelete