Friday, July 30, 2010

Great America!

We went to Great America on Thursday. It was crowded and the lines were long (what's new?), but we had a blast. Lisa and her three older kids joined us. We had all gotten free tickets from Great America's reading program. Her kids ages all match my kids ages which is soooo nice!
Caleb and Noah riding the Whizzer

Lisa and Susanna

Noah's favorite ride... the tea cups.

Seth and Elijah

Noah and Elizabeth

Caleb and Susanna

I managed to go on the rides without a problem (even though every ride has a sign with a big "NO" sign through a pregnant woman. I did get a few looks at my belly and then at my face by the ride operator while entering or exiting the ride. (I DID ask my midwife about the safety factor and she Ok'd me) I came to terms with how pregnant I am and how long it's been since I was a teenager, that after a few hours of swirly, spinning rides, and a couple hours at the waterpark, I was ready to spend my time on the benches waiting for the kids and watching all the interesting people. I was also completely useless the next day! I think I could've slept the day away (if it weren't for the three kids that DIDN'T go with or stay up until midnight).

On the other hand, the kids had TONS of fun (so did I), and for the following days, they didn't stop talking about what rides they were going to go on NEXT year...


No comments:

Post a Comment