Monday, January 17, 2011

Football in the future??

I am not a football fan. I don't mind watching the super-bowl, but I'm not ashamed to admit that I enjoy the commercials as much or more than the actual game... I also have no intention of being a football-mom. Although at this point I enjoy watching my boys toss the football around the yard, just the thought of their knees bending the wrong way when they tackle eachother makes my own knees weak. I'm well aware that a future in football means a future of injuries, and I'm just not interested.
The boys enjoy tossing the football around and tackling eachother (outside, of course). They like it even more when we have friends over and they can get a little game going. They also like to toss the football across the living room and make diving catches onto the couch. At the expense of our ceiling light, they won't be doing that anymore... But I do allow them to play "football" with Nathan inside on occasion. After all, Nathan is only 2. That fact alone should keep them subdued, right? Nathan seems to be entranced by the thought of "taking down" his bigger brothers. They play along and will let him tackle them, and he loves it! (as you can see from the video)

Just today, the boys, in their sweetest voices, asked if they could play flag football this fall at the CYC. Yep, I know where this is going. No little boys are going to pull the wool over my eyes... Sure, flag football sounds harmless enough, but today it's flag, tomorrow it's tackle and the next day we're paying for a broken arm... Nice try boys, but for now we'll just sit on the sidelines and watch some other mom get that bill... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment