Tuesday, August 5, 2008

My arch enemy!



The tomato hornworm!! Nasty looking little buggers! So far, I've killed three that were feasting on my tomato plants. This was the last one I found and it was about 4 inches long. I've learned my lesson on how to kill them. The first one was huge, too, so I cut it with my scissors, and green slime poured all over my hand. Now, I cut off the branch and give it to Paul to do our part in the circle of life. It's actually an interesting looking creature. God was pretty creative. The mouth is on the bottem of the picture (the side without the red horn), and it's lined with "fake eyes" along the side to freak out its predators- Freaks me out for sure.
Who said school was out for the summer?? If your eyes are open, you can be constantly learning, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment