Sunday, August 31, 2008

"Feed my sheep"


At times, when I am thinking about a my life or others, a piece from the bible will make sense in a deeper way, even if I've read it over and over before. When Jesus asked Peter if he loved Him in the last chapter of the book of John, and Peter said, "Of course I do", Jesus followed it with "then feed my sheep". Maybe I'm a little thick, but I had never realized the depth of that conversation. I was thinking about my kids and how much I love them and pour my life into them, and realized that if someone else claimed to love me, I would probably say something similar to what Jesus said... If you truely love me, then show me be pouring yourself into what is most important to me. Jesus knew he wouldn't always be around to shepard the people that he cared so deeply about. He also knew that Peter's desire to serve and love the Lord would be the driving force he needed to care for those "sheep" that Jesus was talking about. I am so thankful to the people who help "feed my sheep" out of their love for them, and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment