Sunday, September 27, 2009

ALOHA!

This weekend, we had a surprise Luau for my parent's 50th wedding Anniversary. 50 Years!!! Wow, do you realize how few people actually make it to 50 years together anymore? I admire my parents for that and they have been a wonderful example for me.

My dad is not so keen on parties, so it had to be a surprise... and it sure was!! My parent's were expecting to go out to dinner with my brother Bryan and his wife. The luau was all set up at my sister's house, so Bryan drove to her house to "drop off Sydney (his daughter) for my sister to babysit". The driveway had luau signs by the street and cars lining the driveway, so by the time they drove the quarter mile to the back of the house, they knew something was up. They were greeted with a "Congratualtions Harold and Betty" sign. We had to practically pry my dad out of the car with a crowbar, but once he made the grand entrance, I think he felt at home with all of the family and friends.



My sister gets all the credit as the master mind behind the planning. She did a great job and worked hard at it.

Tiki torches, good food, and Luau music... put it all together and you get a very fun and memorable night!

No comments:

Post a Comment