Sunday, February 14, 2010

mohawks and spikes...


And so... I caved. Well, I didn't really cave, I had them ask their dad. Noah called daddy at work and asked for his special haircut. He said that Noah's much longed for mohawk would be fine with him (and to send him some pictures when we finished).

I made sure to cut it so that it was completely repairable in case he wisely decided it wasn't his style. I even told him that if he wanted a mohawk, he MUST gel it up EVERY day. I was sure after a day or so of gelling it, he'd get bored and ask me to chop it off. I did get my hopes up when he asked if he HAD to spike it for church. I could tell he was nervous about what everyone would say. I replied with a resounding "YES!". Of course, I was half thinking he'd chicken out, and the other half of me didn't want him to be a "closet mohawker". You know... look neat and tidy for church and live wild and crazy at home. Well, it's been almost a week. We've been seen by both the grandma's and have been to church... He's still spiking it.

Today, I've upped the ante. Being that he has to goop his hair with gel to get it to stand upright, I believe that he should wash it out before bed so he doesn't get those nasty white flakes from the dried gel on his pillow every night. Being that he hardly takes two showers a week, that's a real test. Hmmm, will he pass??? Well, he just jumped in the shower, no questions asked tonight. So, we shall see...

Seth wanted a mohawk after seeing Noah's, but I insisted he not look like a copy cat. He chose a front spike instead. I think he's trying to look tough here. Either that or he has to sneeze...
Noah and his new 'do.

No comments:

Post a Comment