Thursday, February 11, 2010

Redecorating the Living Room... finally!

I finally did it! It's been 5 1/2 years since we moved in and almost every room in the house has been re-done, except for the living room. It had small diamond patterned wall paper on the top half and dark burgundy paint on the bottem with wood trim separating the two. It was one of the last rooms on my list for a couple reasons... I HATE stripping wall paper, and we LIVE in that room (thus the name "living" room, I guess).

The room was one huge massive upheaval for about a week, but we got it done!! I had a few kids that really wanted to help me and though the little ones still need some supervision when wielding a paintbrush (OK, alot of supervision), the older boys are actually a huge help. They got the majority of the wall paper off and did much of the roller painting while I painted around the trim.

We still have to get the trim around the windows back up, but I love the color! Sort of chocolate milk... (or coffee with cream). Yum.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment