Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Sounding off


Sorry, Ladies and Gents... no pictures yet (of my own, that is). This one I pulled off the internet.
Restoring Honor 8-28-10

Recently my mom went to Washington DC to the Restoring Honor 8-28-10 Rally. She spent a crazy bus ride out there, stayed for a few hours and rode the bus home. I was energized when I heard how many people showed up for the rally (estimates were around 500,000). That one person could bring together that many people to DC for a political rally is amazing.

The interesting part, from what I understand, is that this was not a "political rally". It was a call to spiritual revival throughout America. Hmmmm, can what Christian believers call a "spiritual revival" be led by someone of another faith? When Glenn Beck called everyone to turn to "god", which god was he meaning? Whichever "god" you believe in? Sounds a little like a meshed up "one world religion".

I have no problem with many religions joining together a variety of reasons... a political rally, a patriot movement, even a backyard barbque, but when many religions join together for the sake of religion... I'm not so sure it's a good thing.

Oh, I can hear the backlash even now... many Christians have fallen head over heals for the ideals and words of Mr. Beck. I, personally, have not listened to him other than a small blip on youtube, but from what I have heard second-hand, I would say I agree with most of what he says. I've even heard people say that he may just be a born again Christian from what he says. Mind you, even in the past few days, he has claimed to be unashamedly Mormon. In case you haven't heard, the Mormon god and the Christian God are NOT the same. "Who else could've gotten the variety of different religions together for a call to spiritual revival?" Isn't that what we'll be saying one day about that guy in the book of Revelation? I am not saying that Glenn Beck is the ONE, or that what he is trying to do is bad, but we, as Christians need to keep our eyes fully open and not be seduced, for when that time does come... "even the elect will be decieved, if that were possible" Mark 13:22

No comments:

Post a Comment