Sunday, January 1, 2012

Noah's first piano recital

Noah started piano lessons at the beginning of the school year, so both he and Caleb took part in the Christmas piano recital.




I was sure proud of the little guy... well, he's eight, so I guess he's not so "little", but performing in front of a crowd can be a bit nerve-wracking at any age. In fact, the recitals were the main reason I quit playing piano when I was young (and ballet... and tap... and tumbling...). I dreaded performing in front of a crowd, so I applaud anyone brave enough to tackle the job without having a meltdown. So... Hurray for Noah. (yea, yea... and Caleb too, but it's kind of becoming "old hat" to him).




Let me test my memory here... I believe Noah played "Oh, Christmas Tree" and "Coventry Carols". He plunked his way through them (literally), then got up, nerves still in tact, and gave a bow. He made his momma proud!




Caleb played... well, when you get into songs by Bach and Mozart, they stop having normal names and are explained more like... "You know the really cool song from The Phantom of the Opera that is played on the organ when they are decending below the opera house? Yeah, that's the one. And you know that song on Disney's Fantasia when the little fairies are skating on the pond making different shapes in the ice? Yup, that's the other one." That last song was three songs in one, and I guess part of it was "The Waltz of the Sugar Plum Fairy". When his teacher picked out his songs for the recital, Caleb cringed (because of the name, of course. "fairy? really?"), but I thoroughly enjoyed listening to him practice it over... and over... and over. :)


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment