Monday, July 21, 2008

Creativity??



Ellie, our 3 and 1/2 year old, has been quite the artist lately... I love her long, blondish hair, and haven't cut it (except for small trims) since she was born. It's around her lower back now, and since all of our other kids have tried cutting their own hair at some point, I have been working hard trying to convince her that she'd look like her brothers if her hair was short. As girly as she is, that thought makes her cringe! Well, last Monday, right as my parents were arriving for dinner, she comes downstairs and turns her back to me and says, "Look, it's still long." Then she turned toward me, and I knew what she meant. She had cut both sides of her hair (and part of her bangs) without cutting the back! I was really sad and insisted that we could glue it back on, but she seemed to be really proud of her handiwork. Oh, well, life goes on (As long as she doesn't try it on her baby sister)... As you can see, her artistic abilities haven't stopped there. Yesterday, she decided to play in mommy's makeup drawer. As I was scolding her about using my eyeliner before she's 18, I was really quite impressed with the work of art on her face. I think I see face-painting in her future...

No comments:

Post a Comment