Wednesday, February 25, 2009

4 more "kids"


Our goats had their babies yesterday!! 3 girls and 1 boy. We have been anxiously watching and awaiting their arrival for the past week or so. The "kids" are so cute and actually a lot bigger than I thought they would be.
Caleb went out to collect the eggs a little after lunchtime and came bouncing in with the eggs. He didn't say anything so I asked, "Did the goats have their babies?" He said "yep". I really thought he was joking, but after confirming a few times, we all got our coats and went to see our new additions! One of the goats had two babies...a boy and a girl. I called a friend of mine who wanted her kids to see the newborn babies. She came over about an hour later and during the time they were here, the other goat started laying down and acting funny. So we all were spectators at the second two babies births! (All 14 of us crammed into the goat stall to watch the "miracle of birth") It was very cool to see and I'm sure it was "enlightening" for my kids. Afterward, Seth commented that it was "gross" and Caleb said he almost threw up (Boy, am I glad they weren't there for Nathan's birth!), but they started immediately to pick out "their" baby. These are the times when I am so glad we live on a farm!






1 comment:

  1. love your blog reports, keep up the good work, i'm having a roast, would you like to sell us a kid?? haha just-kidding-

    ReplyDelete