Tuesday, December 21, 2010

9 days over...

It's a full moon tonight... With just about every pregnancy, I would watch with anticipation the full moon come, and then go, hoping that it would put me into labor. You hear about the labor and delivery rooms at the hospitals getting packed with women on full moon night. I think it has something to do with the gravitational pull. Same reason it affects the ocean's tide, I presume. So far, it hasn't worked for me.
On the other hand, I usually take castor oil on day number 8 which puts me into within 24 hours and I end up having him/her on day 9 (worked on 4 out of 6. Noah was induced early because the midwife was "going out of business" :) and my water broke with Nathan 4 days overdue). I have decided not to torture myself by gagging down the nasty stuff (yet). I did read on the internet about rubbing it on the belly and warming it with a hairdryer to start contractions. I may be gullible, but I did make a run to the pharmacy and bought some "tasteless and odorless" castor oil. (It's funny that on the directions, it says that you can take it with some juice to make it taste better... so much for tasteless.) Maybe, just maybe, between the full moon, a castor oil massage, and sipping raspberry tea...

No comments:

Post a Comment