Sunday, December 12, 2010

Supersize Me!

Everything is seeming BIG right now! My belly (when I bend to pick up a toy), this baby (when I try to breathe), ALL of the clothes in my wardrobe (time for that stuff to GO), the trip from my car through the parking lot to the store, and the walk across Walmart to get the things on my list... BIG! We've decided to add to the BIG-ness of the season by purchasing our very first Super-sized Van! That's right, we finally dove in and bought a 15 passenger van! NO, it's not because we plan to fill every seat! It's more for "whacking room". What's that, you say? It's the space in between the kids that kills the temptation to "whack" their neighbor :)
We've been looking at a 15 passenger for a few months, and we finally found a honey of a deal on a 2005 van with 16K miles! I have to admit, I'm not too fond of the color, but we have plans to spruce it up a bit... eventually. You can see in the picture below that for now, two of the kids actually get their OWN seat! (That guy in the back window is NOT part of our family :) The Ford van is a bit higher than our Chevy, so we will definately need running boards. I almost have to do the splits to get in. Add in a DVD system with surround sound and we'll have our own traveling theater! The kids will be begging to go for trips. They are already begging me to drive over any bump in the road because they want to see if they can hit their heads on the roof like in a school bus...
While we're on the subject of super-sizing, here's the "Due Date" belly shot. Pretty average for me, but I do have a tendancy to super-size my babies. Obviously, there's no baby yet. I am aiming for the 16th (Grandpa Les' birthday), or if that doesn't work, my next date of choice is the 21st. Seth was born on the first day of summer, so why not a "first day of winter" baby? Ya want to know something really sad? Look at my legs. They are actually hiding Nathan. You can see his little arm sticking out, but that's it. Ahhh, well.... that's life :) Who knows, maybe my next blog will be about our new baby...
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment