Monday, February 7, 2011

Diggiin' the Shedd

The kids and I went to the Shedd Aquarium in Chicago last week with my friend, Lisa, and her 6 kids. Hooray for free days!! When we went up in line, they asked how many adults and how many kids. "Two adults and..." Wait, does 6 and 7 actually add up to 13? That sounds like a lot. Let me make sure my math skills are right... Yep, "thirteen."

We had a great time!! We took our 15 passenger van and every seat was filled (should've been my first clue that my math was right). The night before, I was commenting to Paul about how to keep an eye on the kids since it's a big place and I didn't know how crowded it would be. His first reply was to take a picture of each kid (just in case anyone got lost) so we could quickly have a reference for anyone else to help find them. He then said I should dress them all in the same color. I gave up on that idea because I didn't think we had the same color shirt for everyone... Little did I know Seth would come to the rescue. He woke up early and Paul mentioned finding matching shirts. Seth went right to work and actually found red shirts for everyone and had their outfits laid out for them to put on by the time they woke up!! Way to go, Seth! You can see from the picture which kids are mine by the red shirts :)


Homeschooling at it's best (other than actually snorkling in the ocean to see the fish).
Ellie's prized picture of the iguana. She was so proud to have taken it herself!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment