Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Mt. Olympus Waterpark

Every year we try to head to an indoor waterpark for Ellie's birthday. Being that her birthday is in the middle of winter, it's a great excuse for a getaway and helps break that cabin fever we're all feeling. This year we went up to the Wisconsin Dells. As we were calling around, there weren't many places that would let us rent one room for our whole family without costing an arm and a leg for a condo-type room. Mount Olympus still wouldn't let us all stay in one room, but their price for two rooms was cheaper than the large suite at other hotels. We got two adjoining rooms that had a total of 4 queen beds and 2 bunk beds. We hardly knew what to do with all the extra room!

Ellie, the birthday princess, on a queen bed ;)

The kids had tons of fun (and wasted lots of energy) on all the waterslides and in the pools. Paul had pulled his back right before we left, so his playtime was limited, and I sat in a chair with Selah the majority of the time. I couldnt' find a swimsuit for her and wasn't really thrilled about sticking her in the chlorine water anyhow, so my "swimming" was only to walk around in the foot-deep water and take some pictures.
They had a nice kiddie area where Ellie, Grace and Nathan spent most of their time. As I sat in the chair by the edge of the kiddie area, I thought to myself, "trying to keep track of six kids at a large waterpark, when only 2 of them are secure swimmers, is anything but relaxing." We did have the kids team up so that they weren't swimming alone, but I still found myself constantly scanning the pool areas for my kids. It's sad when you have to not only be wary of water dangers, but also of wierdos that may be lurking around... Someday I'll be able to lounge by the pool and read my magazine (what was I thinking when I brought it anyhow?), but I've still got a few years to go...
Along with the water park, they also had an indoor theme park. It has a rollercoaster, go carts, bumper cars and a few amusement park rides that were included with our room. I think the kids enjoyed the rides as much or more than the waterpark.Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Awesome!! That looks like tons of fun. Carrie and I were talking about making that an annual event for us too with Jay's birthday in February.

    ReplyDelete