Sunday, September 14, 2008

My little pancake maker



Ok, so I do sometimes sleep in until 8am or so when possible, and then I'll hang out upstairs putting away laundry or getting the girls dressed. Apparently I take too long, because Noah has taken to making breakfast on those days. Today, my little 5-year-old is making pancakes. I have written out kid friendly recipes for the other boys before they could read, with hand-drawn ingredient pictures, and Noah has memorized the recipe. Of course, it's not your typical "just add water" pancakes. He has to actually add wheat berries to the grinder to make flour, then add the all the baking powder, sugar, eggs, and stuff. He even gets out the griddle (one of the best purchases ever) and cooks them up himself! By the time I came down this morning, he was halfway through cooking them. Believe it or not, they actually taste really good. His chocolate chip pancakes are Oh, so yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment